AC Service Manager Job Details Near Sarasota, Florida
The Service Manager is primarily responsible for coordinating and managing 12-15 Field Service Technicians in a variety of functions related to serving new and current customer needs. This position is responsible for increasing business volume, customer base, and managing staff charged with meeting and exceeding customer expectations on service and service-related projects.
- Partner with installation, dispatch, warehouse, and any other necessary departments to ensure timely and accurate service to customers in accordance with company standards and procedures
- Address customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution
- Monitors and acts on the department’s projected and forecasted performance goals including but not limited to:
- Average ticket per call
- Departmental Revenue, Expenses, and Gross margin
- Percentage of sales leads derived from COD calls
- Number of COD calls completed
- Number of warranty calls completed
- Callbacks and customer complaints satisfactorily resolved
- Provides regular feedback to the Service Line Operations Manager on the department’s performance
- Proactively improves and develops lean systems and procedures within the department that reflect our core purpose of “making it easier for our customers to do business with us”
- Resolves escalated customer disputes/complaints
- Partners with customer service and dispatch center teams to ensure maximum capacity and efficiency in meeting and/or exceeding the forecasted amount of service department calls
- Provides consistent and accurate feedback, encouragement, support, professional development, and coaching to all service technicians
- Executes effective and ongoing communication with each technician to ensure that each service technician has a clear understanding of their goals and expectations
- Plans, develop and lead facilitation of the weekly technician meetings with appropriate, positive, and balanced content
- Ensures that safety topics are incorporated into one-to-one coaching conversations, weekly meetings, and training sessions
- Maintains the culture that ensures all members are living the company’s core values
- Updates knowledge by participating in educational opportunities at Best Home Services or through individual training, including reading professional publications
- Must be able to maintain professional conduct in all work situations, uphold a well-groomed appearance, and adapt well to all types of working conditions
- All other duties as assigned
This position is responsible for supervising all service line technicians.
The duties of this job are performed typically in a comfortable office environment, but infrequently in extremely hot, cold, and wet/humid weather conditions and in confined/close spaces, i.e. residential home crawl spaces and attics. Infrequent exposure to factors such as toxic fumes, caustic chemicals, loud noise, UV light, and other hazards may be required, which may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness. This job requires the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as directed by company policy.
While performing the duties of this job, most of the time is spent in an office setting, but the person may be required to stand, walk, kneel, climb, bend, stoop, balance, crouch, sit for extended amounts of time. The employee is also required to use hands to finger or feel objects, tools, and controls; reach with hands and arms; talk, see and speak. The employee must infrequently lift one’s own body weight to climb up attic scuttle holes and be able to crawl through tight crawl spaces. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. The Service Manager should expect to work an average of 50 hours per week, with additional hours during evenings/weekends as appropriate to ensure availability to technicians/operations meet expectations.
Some overnight and local travel is expected for this position. All expenses during work-related travel will be absorbed by Best Home Services, in accordance with existing travel/expense policies.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of residential service and/or installation experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.