Tips for Selecting an HVAC System from Best Home Services
If you’re like most Southwest Florida homeowners, you probably want to keep your home comfort at a maximum with your upkeep costs to a minimum. BHS wants you to achieve that too. That’s why we’re here to provide tips for selecting the best HVAC system for your Southwest Florida home. There’s no easy, one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to heating and cooling systems. Ultimately, the decision is up to you. The factors most likely to influence your decision are cost, maintenance, energy-efficiency, availability, and the size of your home. Our heating and cooling experts are here to guide you along the way. If you’re having trouble picking a system, feel free to schedule a consultation with one of our HVAC technicians. We’re familiar with many of the industry’s top-tier brands, including Carrier.
Should You Invest in Central or Ductless Air Conditioning?
Have you heard about the benefits of investing in a split-system air conditioner or ductless air conditioning system yet? Utilizing several ductless zones, this type of AC unit allows you to control individual room temperature settings, so you can eliminate the wasted energy seen in unused rooms relying on a traditional central air duct system. A split AC system may also use a heat pump to control indoor temperatures during the winter months, effectively keeping you comfortable year-round. In addition to ductless mini-split air conditioners, BHS can also help you install central air conditioning, portable and window AC units, and many other popular cooling system options. We’d also be happy to talk to you about the benefits of installing a digital programmable thermostat. Consult our Air Conditioner Buyers Guide for more handy tips on selecting the right air conditioner. Our experienced HVAC technicians can also advise you about money-saving AC rebate and financing options.
Should You Buy a Gas, Electric, or Oil Furnace in Florida?
While Southwest Florida isn’t known for having frigid winters, that doesn’t mean selecting the right furnace for your home is any less important than it would be if you lived elsewhere. Whether you’re considering a gas, electric, or oil furnace, they all come with advantages and disadvantages when compared with the others. Here’s a quick guide to aid you in your decision-making process:
- Gas (Natural Gas & Propane) – One of the most popular sources of heat in the United States is natural gas. Both natural gas and propane offer a clean, cost-effective way to heat a home. Natural gas is often more reliable than electricity because its pipelines are located underground. This is an especially important factor considering Southwest Florida sees a six-month hurricane season in which it’s not uncommon for power outages to occur. Gas boilers also tend to last longer, up to 20 years in some cases, and provide indoor temperatures that are up to 25 degrees warmer than electric heating on average.
- Electric – One of the best benefits of electric heat is its energy-efficiency, which can translate into major savings on your monthly energy bills. You also won’t have to worry about dangerous gas or carbon monoxide leaks. Because they don’t rely on fire to heat your house, there’s also less risk of a house fire involved. Electric heat is also easy to install with lower installation costs. Finally, electricity is also readily available no matter where in Southwest Florida you live.
- Oil – Many homeowners prefer the coziness offered by oil heating systems because they generate the hottest heating source. Oil heat costs are usually lower than natural gas heat, and fuel oil isn’t explosive, making it a safe choice for your family as well. An oil furnace may last up to 25 years with routine maintenance, outlasting the competition in many cases.
Best Home Services Also Offers 24-Hour AC & Heating Repairs
If you stick to the suggested maintenance plan by the manufacturer, your new HVAC system may last you a decade or even longer. However, when you need 24-hour emergency air conditioning and heating repair, you can count on BHS to be at your rescue day and night. Your comfort and satisfaction are a priority to us. Our HVAC technicians are NATE (North American Technician Excellence) and EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) certified to fix all models of HVAC units, including the ones we don’t even sell. Our HVAC repair is fast and efficient, with same-day service available in many cases.
Why HVAC Service Is Essential for Your New HVAC Unit
No matter what type of heating or cooling system you decide is best for your needs, ongoing HVAC service is recommended to avoid unnecessary HVAC repair. Have you heard of BHS’ Home Care Maintenance Plan? It offers whole-house protection and peace of mind for many Southwest Florida homeowners. Included in this competitively priced annual maintenance plan are:
- Two air conditioning tune-ups
- One electrical inspection
- One plumbing inspection
- Discounts on HVAC repair
- No after-hours emergency rates
- Scheduling reminders for HVAC services
Contact One of the Best HVAC Companies in Southwest Florida
We don’t throw around the word “best” loosely at BHS. When we say we’re one of the best HVAC companies in Southwest Florida, we have over 20,000 five-star reviews to back that claim. Our customer service is second-to-none, thanks to our ongoing employee training, industry-leading warranties, and adherence to a strict code of ethics and corporate responsibility. Whether you need a new HVAC installation, repair, or maintenance, you can count on our team to look out for your best interests in Tampa, Sarasota, Naples, Fort Myers, and surrounding areas. We’d be pleased to add you to our growing list of satisfied customers when you contact us to schedule HVAC service. We also have licensed electricians and master plumbers on our staff to look out for your electrical and plumbing needs!