Maintain Indoor Air Quality Standards with Best Home Services
You may not be able to see the air you breathe, but there are a variety of pollutants often found lurking inside your home affecting your indoor air quality. Some people are more sensitive than others. A single exposure could produce allergy-like symptoms, such as headaches, dizziness, fatigue, or an irritated throat, nose, or eyes. Usually, these symptoms are easily treatable. However, some people may not experience anything out of the ordinary until they’re exposed to the pollutants for a prolonged period. Chronic conditions like asthma can be made worse through aggressive indoor air pollutants. Don’t put your health in jeopardy. Contact BHS for innovative indoor air pollution solutions in Southwest Florida.
What Are the Most Common Indoor Air Pollutants in Florida?
Common indoor air pollutants you’re likely to encounter inside your Southwest Florida residence include dust, pet dander, radon, carbon monoxide, pollen, mold, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Excessive moisture from Florida’s high humidity levels can lead to mold or mildew growth, which can cause or aggravate respiratory issues. Volatile organic compounds are synthetic materials found inside your furniture that release harmful byproducts in the air you breathe. Prolonged exposure to VOCs such as formaldehyde or pesticides may lead to significant damages to your liver, kidneys, or nervous system. Children, pets, seniors, and allergy sufferers may be more prone to adverse health effects from indoor air pollutants than others.
What Innovative Indoor Air Pollution Solutions Does BHS Offer?
BHS is dedicated to improving the air you breathe through duct cleaning, filtration, and dehumidification services. We know how much Southwest Florida’s humidity and moisture levels can wreak havoc upon your allergies. You can breathe easier, thanks to these innovative indoor air pollution solutions:
- Aeroseal Duct Sealing – Leaky air ducts could be the culprit for your poor indoor air quality. BHS’ technicians provide duct sealing services to keep out indoor toxins and help regulate your indoor temperatures for year-round home comfort. As an added benefit, you won’t have to worry about as much wear and tear on your AC unit or wasted energy due to excess airflow.
- UV Light Systems– Rely on our ultraviolet lamp solutions to kill airborne germs, bacteria, and other allergens and improve your indoor air quality. We utilize UltraMAX, UVPhotoMAX, and more to eradicate mold growth and disinfect the air you breathe inside your home.
- Dehumidification– We specialize in whole-house dehumidification to help Southwest Florida residents better manage the heat and humidity inside their homes. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says your home’s humidity level should fall between 30 and 60% to minimize your risk for mold growth. With our help, many customers can achieve 45-55% in their homes for increased comfort and energy savings with minimal maintenance required.
- Humidistats– Control the levels of humidity inside your home with a humidistat, which is a device similar to a thermostat. Reducing the amount of humidity in the air will result in better, cleaner, healthier air inside your home. Today’s humidistats can be controlled through your smartphone, making it possible to program them at specific times even when you’re not home.
- Air Duct Cleaning– When most people hear the words “improving indoor air quality,” they usually visualize air duct cleaning services. It’s no secret that dust, debris, and even vermin can thrive inside your HVAC system’s ducts. Air duct cleaning is an essential part of HVAC maintenance to remove visible mold growth and other pollutants. It also helps improve your system’s overall efficiency and removes unpleasant odors from inside your ducts. All of BHS’ services come backed by our Service Guarantee, so you can breathe easier knowing we’re there for you!
- Air Filtration– We cannot stress enough the importance of cleaning and replacing air filters. Your HVAC system’s air filter keeps carpet fibers, dust, human and pet hair, and other allergens out of your indoor air. When it becomes clogged and dirty, it can’t do its job effectively. Not only does this lead to poor indoor air quality, but it can also cause needless wear and tear on your HVAC system as it’s overworked. When you invest in BHS’ Home Care Maintenance Plan, you can enjoy peace of mind knowing your HVAC maintenance needs are being met. We also help homeowners order new air filters as hassle-free as possible.
Call Us to Improve the Air Quality in Your House Today
Having healthy air in your home is beneficial to you and your family. Not only will you be more comfortable in the short-term, but you should enjoy better health with fewer illnesses and respiratory issues in the long-term. Indoor air pollutants have been linked to several chronic conditions, including asthma, bronchitis, lung disease, heart disease, and even cancer. If you have any concerns about your indoor air quality in Southwest Florida, don’t hesitate to contact BHS. We serve customers in Bonita Springs, Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Naples, Sarasota, Tampa, and many surrounding communities. Check out our five-star reviews to see why our HVAC and indoor air quality services are highly recommended!